Saturday, May 24, 2008

Saturday

Awww it's a holiday weekend....hooray! Mike finished texturing the kitchen last night and it looks wonderful. I have such a great hubby. I am currently looking for something to take Em to do today.

As far as Jude goes a couple of things. First off I found my naughty kitty Angel in his crib again knocking down the mobile...sigh. I hate to think of it, but I may just have to get rid of her. She keeps knocking it down, sleeping in his bed, crawling on my counters, etc. Not sure I can handle that with a new baby. My other cats are indoor/outdoor and are wonderful. If they come in they just sit and chill out for a little while. Second, I have researched cord blood banking. This would help Jude if he ever had a serious situation that required stem cells, etc. It could possibly even help Emily if God forbid she needed them. If you would like to know more on cord blood here is a link:
http://www.cordblood.com/cord_blood_faqs/cord_blood.asp

I would love to do this, but if you have priced it you know it is VERY VERY expensive to not only set up the initial collection, but to maintain to storage. I am not sure we would be in a position to do this. Honestly, I really think it is something our government should do for us given the fact it would be saving lives. Anyway, I am considering donating the cord. If more of us mothers do this then maybe karma would in turn repay us in case we ever needed this assistance. Does that make sense? It is amazing what progress they are making with cord blood. It is even been discovered recently that they think embryonic cells from cords will help cure Parkinson's, heart disease, and Alzheimer's! That's amazing and if we can help contribute to them finding this cure then we will!

I am off to search for something fun to do today and to make
my family a big breakfast!

No comments: