Thursday, May 8, 2008

Holy bad food batman

Ok so last night we went to Babe's with my family. Tonight I am fixing grilled chicken and veggies....I think it's needed. Once we got home I went upstairs with Mike. He played on the computer downloading songs while I watched American Idol. It was nice relax time and I didn't realize I was so tired. Anyway, I watched my poor Jason Castro get kicked off AI, but honestly I think he was thrilled. He is a brilliant musician, but is a little slow on answering questions and such isn't he? I really believe he will get a record contract though. So my top three wasn't far off I said David C (should win), David A, and Castro, but some how Syesha has snuck in there. Well Mike was putting lullaby's on my ipod while I was watching the show. I have been playing music during the day for the baby. I just take my ipod to work with me and put the headphones on my tummy. Some people say the music stimulates brain growth, but research actually shows it doesn't cause growth but does cause blood to rush to the cortex. Perfect! That's what we need. Plus, when I put the headphones on my stomach Jude goes crazy. Which is another indication to me that he can hear, and that is positive. So it seems you can get baby lullaby's from the music of the Beatles, The Cure, Bob Marley, etc.......YES! So Mike brought the ipod to me and made me listen to see if I could figure out the song before the baby heard it. Then I put the ipod on my tummy and Jude went crazy while Mike sat there with us. I believe Mike's been afraid to bond with Jude in case something should happen. Last night he talked to him and told him he was sorry he doubted he would be ok, and that he believed in him. It was very sweet, and I just hope it all turns out well tomorrow so he won't be let down. Mike said he thinks this is a true test of faith. He has wanted a child for so long and now he is being given one, but it may not be exactly what he wanted. He says he feels like someone is asking him "how bad do you want a child". So my brain is a little overwhelmed thinking about the re-scan tomorrow. On one hand I have a lot of faith that everything will be ok, and on another I dread the appt. We have pretty much decided that anything under 15mm on the brain ventricles we are going to term. So again lots of prayers, good thoughts, and such will help.

2 comments:

Mommy2three said...

Jennifer:
This is Sarah's sister, Jennifer. I've been reading your blog and praying for you and your family. You are such a strong person- I think you should be so proud of yourself. We are keeping you in our prayers and I am also putting you on the prayer list at our church. Sarah and I support you 100%.

Jennifer L.

Sarah said...

Don't forget that I have some Aylum Street Spankers "Mommy Says No" for Jude/ He needs something to break up all that Beatles bullshit :P