Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thursday

I received a text from Mike early this morning that Jude had taken 4 ounces, and had kept it down. This is a great indication that the liquid form of the depakote in the smaller dose is working. Jude did fall back to sleep after he ate, but we are still encouraged. Mike also said that Jude looks a lot better today. This is also encouraging to me because he looked so pale and lifeless last night. It really worried me leaving him.

I have an adorable picture on Jude sleeping on my phone from last night, but I am phone challenged and cannot get the pic to my email so forgive me.

Emily broke down a bit last night and I felt for her. She cried in the car on the way home because she cannot help Jude, and because she didn't want me to leave her this weekend. She struggles between caring for Jude, and wanting her life to be normal. Before Jude she had my full attention, and lived a care free life. I know that this is teaching her a good lesson, but I also understand the struggle of wanting a life that is not so eventful.

I will be staying through lunch today again at work, and heading to the hospital afterwards. I am hoping to arrive only to see a beautiful child ready to go home!

So I am a member of the pediatric stroke awareness program, and I am going to work with them on setting up a fundraiser in Dallas. This is the first time I have attempted something like this, but I feel it is a huge necessity. I know it will be a huge task to take on, but I know I can do it. I am planning on September because a few mothers pointed out children of strokes can have temperature problems. Therefore, Sept should be a bit cooler. I would like to do a walk/run/fair/silent auction to raise awareness of pediatric strokes, and raise funds for further research in prevention and treatment. So be prepared because I WILL be calling you guys at some point :). Now I just have to figure out who to call in what city to find a location.

3 comments:

AshleyS said...

I hope Jude is on the way to recovery and ((HUGS)) to his big sister!!!

Shellguana said...

I can get you in touch with a really nice man who puts together 5k's here in Arlington and surrounding areas. He knows all the ins and outs of organzing one. I'd be glad to help too if you are interested.

Jennifer Ortiz said...

Yes please!!!