Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Jude smiles

I finally got a picture of Jude smiling, and as promised I am here to share it with you. For those of you that are new to my blog, this is a huge accomplishment. It is a sign of emotion from Jude, and that warms our hearts. When Jude was about 6 weeks old he had a tiny grin he would flash me. Atlhough. when the seizures started, and we were given the devastating news, our fear was his smile would diminish. I remember asking the doctor, "Will the medication or the seizures wipe out his cognitive abilities........will he lose his smile? Please tell me no because it's all we have left!!" The doctor told us it was a possibility, and within a few days Jude's smile was gone. With the removal of the pheno, and topamax and the introduction of the depakote Jude is finally becoming himself again. He will never be normal, but he is Jude and so precious and inspiring!
So we are so overjoyed to be able to share this picture with you. Thank you for sharing.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

10 comments:

Kelley Jean said...

he is precious! What a great picture! all gums! Love it!!!!!!

pat351v said...

Absolutely adorable!

Laura Marchant said...

Oh he is so cute! I love it!!

The Wacky Whittons said...

THAT IS TOO CUTE!!!! Can you email that to me??? I need to have a copy to hang on my mirror! He is so inspiring!!! =)

andrea said...

:)

Katy said...

That is one happy smile! I know what you mean about the smiles. . . if my baby is happy then I can deal with whatever else is going on!

Pam said...

What an absolutely. precious. boy you have there! He looks like a little angel, put a smile on my face just seeing it!

Marie (CanadianEhngel - JM) said...

that little boy has one of the most beautiful baby smiles EVER!!!

Linda said...

It's infectious. NO ONE can look at that and not smile!!

Anonymous said...

Love it!!!!

- Amy (Turtlemom)