Sunday, April 19, 2009

Baby on my lap

Jude seems to be going through an intense phase of not wanting to be put down. He wants to be tightly cradled in someone's arms while flashing his toothless grin...........the entire day. He doesn't like his chair, his swing, his blankets, nothing! If you put him down he will wait about a minute until he realizes he is not in your arms, and then scream until he turns a bluish red. I am debating on whether this is a normal baby issues, or Jude wanting to feel more secure. Emily went through a phase of wanting to be held all the time. I know babies go through this because they have no concept that you are coming back, and will pick them up again. Again, I am not sure if this is normal, or if it's part of his awakening from the medication change. In other words since he is more aware of his situations it might scare him a bit, and he feels more safe in your arms. I guess I could let him cry, but I figure he has been through enough already, and I enjoy holding him.

Jude has also started this hilarious pterodactyl laugh. He screeches with a huge smile, and we have to laugh right along with him. I am hoping to get this on video so I can share it at some point. I have received a million smiles this weekend, and that is worth so much to me. Mike teared up yesterday watching Jude laugh telling me how this has all been worth these little giggles we receive. We are still questioning the arching that he does. I am interested to know if other mothers of children with CP notice extreme arching? Jude arches back, turns red, point his toes, and cries. I am trying to figure out if this is break through seizure activity, Jude throwing a fit, or a part of the CP. If you have any advice it would be wonderful to hear.

I have had a lazy Sunday, and I think I truly needed it. Sometimes work, family, and life in general can take a toll on my physically. Mike is out leaving cards on homes who might need roof work in hopes to get some extra business. Jude, and I have kept the couch warm and just enjoyed watching "Grey Gardens". This movie starred Jessica Lange, and Drew Barrymore, two stars I think are amazing. This is a movie based on a documentary that was made in the 70's about Jackie O's cousins the Beale's. I was so fascinated by these two eccentric women that I couldn't peel myself away from the movie. I highly recommend watching it. It's amazing to see two women from wealth fall into a complete penniless existence, and live the way they did. Bravo to Drew Barrymore for an award worthy performance.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Forgive any misspellings etc.........I have a baby in my arms.....still.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that Jude is displaying "normal" 7 month old behavior. It is so good to hear that he is doing so well.
I have heard that the arching is a common with GERD babies.
Love to you all!
Amy (Turtlemom)