Tuesday, April 14, 2009

For the love of Maddie

Yes, I am blogging again. I am heartbroken......I learned that a baby I follow on her mothers blog passed away. As I read the outpouring of emotion from her family, and friends my heart sank. News like this is the type you like to dodge, but life slaps you in the face sometimes. This poor mother is now blogging about writing a eulogy at her daughters funeral. I know she must have an empty hole in her stomach that she cannot fill. I only hope that someday she can find happiness again. Her baby was premature, and had battled illnesses and overcame the odds, but ended up losing her battle. I have placed a button to the side of my blog. Her supporters are trying to rally people to donate $5 to the family to help with final expenses. I have just scanned over all her twitters, and I can tell this was unexpected. My heart aches for her.

I wept as I read her mom, and her friend Meghans blogs today. I then cursed the world, because moms and children have to suffer this way. I put my hand on the cold beige office phone that lay on my desk, and I called to check on Jude. I asked Mike all about him, and then asked him to send me a text of one of Jude's smiles.

Hug your family tonight, and be thankful for all you have.

Her mom's link: http://remembermaddie.com/

9 comments:

The Wacky Whittons said...

Hey Jen,

I tried to pull up the blog, but my pc here at work is so slow. I will go back and read it when I get home tonight.

It is so sad when a mom (and family) loses a child. My prayers are with them!

Mara said...

okay- you got me crying ! I didnt see anything that said why she died. do you know ? did I miss it ? make up runningdown my face at work- not a good thing- but definitly not the first time

Jennifer Ortiz said...

It sounds like pneumonia, but I am unsure.

The Wacky Whittons said...

I cant open it. ::Sigh::

Ellen Seidman said...

That is so beyond-imagination sad.

Laura Marchant said...

Maddie's death hit me like a ton of bricks. I have read Heather's blog as long as I can remember blogging. I honestly thought she would be in the hospital for a bit but be fine again. She always pulled through. The tribute video just broke my heart into a million pieces for Heather. It's just not fair no mother should ever have to do this.

Laura Marchant said...

I saw some of the other comments. No one has said what the cause was that I have read but she was born premature and she always struggled with her lungs. She did oxygen treatments at home. Whatever the cause of this cough was her little lungs just couldn't anymore.

Jennifer Ortiz said...

Thank you for the clarification. The poor little baby! I followed her moms blog just recently because I found her through Matt's page. I had talked to his wife prior to her death on Just mommies. Just breaks my heart for Maddie's family.

Anonymous said...

I've just spent the better part of the day reading about this beautiful little girl. How awful!
My heart breaks for them.
Amy Hendrix