Friday, December 12, 2008

Friday

I am so happy it's Friday!!! It's been a good day at work, but I am ready for family time.....family time without a hospital!!

Mike said Jude has had 2 seizures today, but that is still a lot better than he was doing. We are still praying that his medicine does pull through, and stops them all together. Kel is helping get his baptism stuff for tomorrow. I am a little confused at what has to be done for a Catholic baptism. So she has been a big help!! She called and asked me if I had a candle and I replied "for what?" she knows I am a little lost and just giggled...ha.


I am feeling a bit out of sorts this afternoon, and I am not sure why. It's not that I am negative, maybe just a little lost. I have also been very busy at work today so maybe that's what it is. We were getting our time sheets ready to turn in today for payday on Monday, and I looked at my hours out. I thought about my time off next year, and what it may entail. I also thought about the vacations we had planned to take the kids on. I want to be there for Jude, but I am also realizing getting away to normal places, and doing "normal" things is going to be more difficult. We will have a new normal I guess. I don't mean that to sound selfish, but honestly even a night out is going to be hard. We have to have someone that can control a seizure. We will do what is best for Jude though, and as tired as I am right now we aren't going anywhere any time soon anyway. I reminded myself that even though this seizure diagnoses is new, these worries are not. This has been going on for over a year for me, but again everyone has their own story. Plus, I pray we have many more years of dealing with these emotions. By the way.... I get over these feelings in about an hour. I just hash them out on my blog because I guess it's theraputic. I am anxious to get home, and see my babies today. We will have a calm night of watching the new Indiana Jones .... hopefully seizure free.

We hope to see everyone at the baptism tomorrow. It will be a day of rejoicing.........not sadness!!!! :)

Please have a good weekend, and hold your kids close.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so wish I could be at Jude's baptism. We will with him and you in thought and prayer.
Shawn

luane said...

My thoughts were of Jude this weekend. I am hoping the baptism went well and he had a seizure free weekend. I wish I lived closer so that I could have gone to the baptism.
I saw where you were going to watch Indiana Jones, the new one. I know your a great movie critic, how did you like it? I hated it! They should have left that movie on the cutting room floor. Sure was not like the olden days movie of Indiana Jones!
Anyway, just wanted to let you know I was thinking of Jude this weekend.

Carrie said...

Hi there, you don't know me, but Shawn Walker sent me the link to your blog. I too have a special child. My Tracie's diagnosis is Holoprosencephaly. We were told when she was born that she would be a vegetable, and would die before she was 6 months old. She will be 8 years old in March and is far from a vegetable. Yes, she is seriously disabled, but you can ask Shawn about this, she lights up a room when she enters it. She has changed lives, especially mine. I'm so sorry that you're having to deal with all of these emotions. Reading your blog brought back so many feelings of mine, and they were all just like yours. All I can say is pray, lean on your husband, don't try to be supermom and do everything by yourself, don't be afraid to ask family and friends for help, and don't be afraid to treat Jude as a normal child. After I realized that Tracie wasn't going to die quite so soon, I quit touching her with kid gloves and started acting as if she were a normal child (as much as I could) and I think that helped me a lot. I know I'm rambling, but if you ever need to talk, ask Shawn for my email or phone number. I live in Grand Prairie. God bless you!