Thursday, July 2, 2009

Still on "staycation"

While I am typing this I am watching Mike talk to Jude, while Jude sits in his yellow child rite. If you are just joining my blog, a child rite chair looks like a large version of a Bumbo. Jude cannot sit in a bumbo because it doesn't not provide enough support for him. His child rite chair gives him extra support, and also helps train Jude's abdominal muscles, and neck muscles. I am watching Jude look at Mike, Jude is making such progress about holding his head up. Now Emily just walked through the door with her friend Casen, and they are making Jude smile. Casen brought Uno so they are all going to play, and they have Jude included in the circle in the floor, which makes my heart smile.

Today on our "staycation" we took Em's friend Casen, and we went to see Ice Age 3 at the movie grille. This is a great little place near us where you can eat lunch, and watch a movie. Jude stayed with Mike's mom while we enjoyed the movie. He probably would have been okay at this movie, but I didn't want to overwhelm him besides his grandma loves time with him. I am enjoying my time home with my family, but I also stay in contact with my office by text/email. I am glad we stayed here for vacation it has saved money, and we are enjoying the time together.

I am happy to report that Jude is still eating better. I have noticed that he is eating solids better, and it's hard to get him to drink his formula. I have concluded this is Jude's way of trying to tell us he is ready to move to different levels of food. For awhile he quit eating the solid foods all together, but now he is wanting more solids, and limiting his formula. He is still eating about 20 ounces a day, and is adding in bananas with whole grain oatmeal, peas, and more rice. I am going to attempt to give him turkey, and sweet potato's later tonight. Slowly I will introduce more solids to him, and I am hoping he doesn't have any reactions. Jude's spasms were pretty frequent today, but we will not know a resolution for this until we see the neurologist again.

I cannot wait to post pictures for you guys from Emily's drop to Cooks. I think it will show how much work she is putting into her smile boxes. Anyway, I am going to run. Jude seems to be getting very frustrated watching them play UNO, it's almost like he wants to play. I know he doesn't full understand what they are doing, and is probably reacting to the noise. He is straining to look at the kids, and is trying to get their attention.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Hey Jenn, I know exactly what you mean when you say your heart smiled. I just love those moments :O)

I just wanted to thank you for being my inspiration to start a blog. Jude's blog has really helped me have an idea of what the next few months may hold for Hope. If I can do the same for just one person, then it's worth it.

Enjoy the rest of your staycation xxx