Monday, July 13, 2009

Monday

I am at lunch in my office so I thought I would post a quick update. I had a nice weekend with my family, and I think I really needed it. I got some quiet time with Mike which was nice, and always enhances our relationship. Jude was very talkative the entire weekend, and that made me very happy. Here is a video of him last night talking to his barn toy, and just having a great time in his crib. I really miss him today...


Jude's high pitched pterodactyl squeal cracks me up every time he belts it out. Sometimes I watch him laughing along with him, but I wonder inside about when he is older. I wonder if people around us will still look at him with love, or will his disabilities cause people to shy away. I am not sure Jude's drooling will go away when his teething stops, and it's always that unknown factor of what lies ahead. I guess I will have faith that people in general have a good nature about them.

Emily's dad had her this weekend, so it was great to see her last night when we picked her up. While she was out I put her boxes together for her next smile box drop off. That way she can fill them all this week, and get them ready. She was grateful for the extra help, and she even came home to a donation from our friend Fleck. She brought over to huge tubs full of beanie babies to put in the boxes. I am sure Em is at home getting all the boxes together because she plans on dropping them off to Children's in Dallas on 7/25.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

So I am still in pursuit of Jude's adaptive equipment. It's my understanding that the person who will be fitting Jude did get in touch with Jude's therapist, but I have not heard from him. I just placed another call to follow up, so hopefully I will hear back from him quickly. That means Jude will be fitted for his adaptive stroller......which is basically a wheel chair, for right now. It will keep his head supported, but I hope someday he won't need this. He will also get a bath chair, and I am hoping a tomato seat, or chair of some sort. I am hoping that at some point I can get the carpet out of our living room, which will be easier for the stroller. Anyway, Jude ate very well this weekend which is so great. He is still working on eating solids, but he is now taking plenty of formula loaded with rice. He is growing, and I can tell he is looking more plump. Take a look:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I am a bundle of nerves today about finances, and medical bills. I hate this part, but I am thankful for my family, my job, and our friends. I am also very grateful for a wonderful weekend, and the chance to re-coop a little. Now I am off to read some other blogs while I am still on lunch.

3 comments:

Laura Marchant said...

He is such a cutie! Isn't waiting for phone calls the worse. I hate when voicemails say I will return your call within one business days then when I call 4 days later because no one has called me back I hear the excuse I have been busy. Well then DON'T say you will call me back within a day! Ugh!

Melodie said...

Thanks for the tweet to come on over for a visit. He is a real sweetie that kiddo of yours.

Colleen said...

I got a little teary eyed when I read Emily's smile box website. What a wonderful big sister with a big heart!