Saturday, July 25, 2009

Emily's Smile Boxes on the news, and more

I have such great news about Jude that I cannot wait to share with you, but it's a secret until Monday. Only because I have been running all day, and I have to go give Jude a bottle. We just got home from our long day dropping off Emily's Smile Boxes to Children's in Dallas, but it was so wonderful. The staff at that hospital was simply amazing, kind, and went above and beyond. I was impressed to hear that some of the women at the hospital read Jude's blog.....so thoughtful! When we arrived child life was already waiting on us to help unload. To our surprise channels 8 and 11 were also waiting to film Emily. I was so impressed with my daughters cool and calm answers. Emily also got to see patients, and siblings with boxes for the first time. She turned to me and said "Mom I want to give a box to every child in every hospital!".

She is such a joy! Em also got a tour of the hospital, and she loved the trains in the front. I have pictures to share, and more. I am afraid I have to make this very brief. I will provide a large post on Monday explaining Jude's accomplishment, and pictures from Emily's drop off.


6 comments:

Jennifer said...

You're going to make me cry!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome day it truly was my friend! So thankful I was able to experience this joy with you and Em! She is one in a million!

~Amy Rose said...

What a blessing Emily is....how exciting for her! Can't wait to hear about Jude's accomplishment!!

Vicki said...

Jenn! I can't wait til Monday! You are torturing me!

Theta Mom said...

Your blog is an inspiration! I can't wait until Monday to find out the news! I am following from MBC's follower club, and I'm so glad that I found you and this blog! You can find me at http://www.thetamom.com

Caroline said...

WEll done again to Emily and you!
Can't wait to hear the secret :O)
Xxx