Monday, July 27, 2009

Charities, and accomplishments

What a weekend!

First let me say how proud I am of Emily. I had mentioned she did a fabulous job at the hospital, and when we saw the interview on the news I got chills. If you didn't get a chance to see her, here is the link to channel 8 http://www.wfaa.com/video/wfaageneral-index.html?nvid=383622&shu=1. Emily was so touched by seeing children walk around with her boxes, and I think it really hit home. She knew she wanted to give these items, but I don't believe it's ever been a reality for her. She watched the girl with the IV walking with her box, and her sister next to her clasping one as well. I could see the impact it had on Em, and I know she will work very diligent at getting more boxes to more hospitals. Soon we are going to try to learn how to market large chain stores.

Now to Jude's accomplishments. I had a great time with my little boy this weekend because he was full of smiles, and giggles. He also seemed to be more attentive this weekend than I have ever seen him. Although, I am afraid that he did have three long, but quiet seizures. While sitting on the couch with him on Friday night I talked to him, and smiled. I then put my hand on his chest, and said "Jude, put your hand in mommy's hand". To my surprise I saw his eyes dart downward towards his hand, and this caught me off guard. At first I thought it had to be a coincidence, but I repeated "Jude, put your hand in mommy's hand". I again saw him turn his eyes toward his left hand, and he began to try to raise it. I held my breath, and watched Jude try to work his arm. The scene was similar to a stroke victim's movements you have seen in a movie. As I repeated myself he began circling his arm, and you could see him truly concentrating, until finally.............his little hand landed in my hand, and his face LIT UP. He knew he had done well, and a huge smile spread across his face. He didn't just do this once, no little Jude did this THREE times before it became to much for him. He repeated actions like this throughout the weekend. I would ask to see his tongue, and he would slightly open his mouth. I would ask him where his foot was, and he would look down towards his feet. I also put his pacifier in Jude's hand, and asked him to hold it. For the first time, he clasped his fingers around his pacifier, and held on to it. Although, it's not funny that Jude cannot get the paci in his mouth, it still made us smile watching him try to get his hand to his mouth. He never accomplished that task, but he tried. He would watch his pacifier in his hand, and turn his head towards his hand, opening his mouth. It's these little movements, that restore our hope. Then last night I put Jude into his high chair to include him at the dinner table, and I opened a jar of sweet potatoes. I would say "bite Jude bite", and he would slightly open his mouth, taking in the baby food. I was so impressed with him, and I can only hope these trends continue! He is such a little inspiration to me.

Emily has gone to her dads for a week, and we miss her already. Mike said he isn't sure what he is going to do without her for the week.

Here are so pictures from the weekend.


A smiley Jude:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Emily and Michelle from Children's, She is giving Emily a tour of the hospital.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Emily and her interview
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My two boys
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been waiting on pins and needles.

I am shocked and so proud of Jude. Those are amazing accomplishments, Jenn. What a blessing!

I am so excited for you guys!

And, Emily is amazing!!!

Amy Hendrix
Turtlemom

andrea said...

wow!!! that is all that comes to mind :)

Candace said...

Jenn,
I was crying for such a wonderful moment for you and for Jude! May God bless you with sooo many more!

~Amy Rose said...

We are sooo PROUD of him! What a beautiful girl she is inside and out! She is a BLESSING!! And...YAY for Jude! That is great news Jenn! We will continue to pray for Jude's wonderful progress!!

Michelle said...

I found your blog as I was blog hopping. Great video, loved the idea! Your daughter is an inspiration.
Michelle & girls in WA

K D said...

What a smart little boy you have! and what a sweet sweet daughter.