Friday, March 27, 2009

Friday hay day

It's Friday and I am thrilled! I am currently on the phone with Mike listening to him feed Jude. When he eats he makes gulping noises, and it's hilarious! Jude did decent again yesterday. He had a seizure Thursday around 3:30am, and then didn't have another one until midnight. The one at midnight was rather violent, and it woke me out of a dead sleep. I walked to the stairs and yelled up for Mike who was on the computer, and he came down to help Jude. The seizures are getting spaced apart, and today we increase the Depakote. We stop the Topamax on Sunday so he will be only on Depakote. The doctor had written out a timeline slowly introducing the new medicaation until he is on the full dosage.We have faith that this will work and are praying hard. Jude seems to be getting more frustrated with his seizures as he gets older. It's almost like he gets his hopes up like we do, and is so let down when one strikes.

I have a busy weekend ahead of me. Emily has a softball scrimmage tonight, a game tomorrow, and I have a bridal shower, and then Sunday we are working in the backyard. I am rather amazed we are suppose to have snow flurries tonight. REALLY??? We are in Texas and this cold needs to go away!! So after a busy week at work we attack a busy weekend, but I enjoy it.

I will update this weekend.

2 comments:

The Wacky Whittons said...

I imagine Jude is just as frustrated as you all are, if not more so! I hope the Depakote is a "miracle" for all of you! I will be thinking of him. Have fun on your busy weekend!

Bronx Cataldo's said...

Its great to see that the new medication is doing good. Now that he is is almost off the Topamax he might eat a bit more.All not bad here in the Bronx. I was a little down the other day but doing better.
Love and hugs from the Bronx