Friday, December 4, 2009

quick update

Sorry, it's been a busy morning at work, and I have been unable to update. Yesterday we had begged the doctor to let Jude go home because he was beginning to eat. The hospital environment is not conducive to feeding Jude, and we wanted to try our own house. We promised that if we went home and he began not eating again that we would bring him back immediately. We also agreed that if we brought him back Jude would receive the G button. One of the reasons we wanted to take him home is because Jude had wiggled his IV loose. Little did the staff know the fluid had been seeping into Jude's skin on his foot so it was very swollen. They unwrapped his foot, and I was very hesitant about them placing another IV at the time. It's a traumatic experience for all of us, and I didn't want Jude to go through it again if it wasn't necessary.

Luckily the Doctor let us go, and just in time for me to race home. Once at home I had to throw my stuff in the car, and head to work with Scentsy. I was exhausted at this point because I had gotten about two hours of sleep the night before. Mike stayed home with Jude, and they went to fill his plethora of medications. I went through the party as quickly, but as professionally as I could. I have to thank Em for going with me to help me out last night. On my way home I called Mike who told me the nightmare experience he had getting Jude's medications filled. Let's just say we aren't very happy with Walgreens right now for waiting HOURS to tell us they didn't have the medications in stock. I even asked the lady to call me asap if they had issues, but NOPE! So Mike had to drive all the way to Euless to a compound pharmacy to get Jude's antibiotic. He then drove home only to fight Jude on receiving the medications.

When I got home Jude was more clam but red from crying a lot. I took him, and calmed him down on the couch. He seemed to be happy that he was back in "his" spot on the couch, and I was able to feed him four ounces. Emily had gone to bed, and then Jude and I took a bath, because trust me the boy needed one. By the time we got done with everything it was near midnight, and I was spent. Jude, and I laid down in the bed together, but he would have no part of sleeping. He is like a newborn right now because his night, and days are mixed up. Mike could tell I wasn't going to make it so he took Jude upstairs for awhile. When Mike came back at 2:30, I woke up and told him it seemed he was only gone for 5 minutes. Luckily Jude slept soundly until my alarm went off at seven.

Today Jude wants to sleep, and not eat because his nights are mixed up. He does have a doctor appointment at 1:30, and I will fill everyone in


A Girl Named Me said...

I'm glad he's home and hope all of you will get some much needed rest in the coming days. xo

Katy said...

My husband and I will never go to Walgreen again. I came in for pain medication for Charlie and they just calmly filled all these other prescriptions while he screamed and screamed and screamed in pain. We only go to a local place now where the people who work there know us.

Bronx Cataldo's said...

Glad you are all home. Nice to see Jude has "his" spot on the couch so does Finnian.
Eoghan had his endo scope with biopsy done yesterday and his i.v. did the same thing and now his hand is almost back to normal today.
I hate when the days and nights get mixed up with Finnian so I know what you are both going through.Hopefully Jude will take more for you now he is on his spot at home.