Friday, September 10, 2010

I am proud

I pretty much had a huge melt down today, and you know what? It felt GOOD! I just blew up at work telling my friend Jenn everything regarding my feelings. Fleck, Sarah, Docia, and more listened to me freak out, and I am grateful. When I got home tonight I felt a bit better. I was determined to give Jude all his medications through his NG tube tonight. He has 5 different medications, and I slowly put them into each tube. I then primed the tube to get out the water from the prior flush, and then put in the milk. I then primed the tube again with the milk, and set up the pump to feed. Jude has been "eating" for about 45 minutes. It was emotionally hard, but I got everything set up. Jude is more smiley today, and looks more plump. He is currently squealing at his "Scout" puppy that Gena bought him.

So Emily got asked to the dance tonight, and she is very excited. My little girl is growing up....

Tonight I feel so much better, I am hoping tomorrow is the same. I also hope Jude is feeling good tomorrow.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hi Jenn - I don't know if anybody has suggested this, but you might ask your medical supply people about some Tender Grips to hold the NG in. Tegaderm will eventually pull off chunks of skin. If you have never used them before, TGs are a little like a band-aid but they come off easier. There is a sticky flap on the outsideof them - you pull it up and pposition the tube then lay the sticky flap over the tube. You usually use them for O2, but it may be a little easier to deal with than lots of tape. Might not help with him pulling it out too much, but.....

Sending you hugs & prayers.

Steph and CHristopher.

Anonymous said...

Jen-
I love reading your post. Have been following u and jude forever. U R an AMAZING mom!!! My little girl had some type of stroke (still not sure of the exact cause), but you give me hope and make me realize that everyday is a blessing, no matter what the issue!!

x o x o u i said...

It's about time!!! :-D You have to let it out sometime, Miss Pressure Cooker. xoxo