Sunday, September 5, 2010

Hospital update

It was a rather uneventful night, but a sleepless one. I had packed a few things as I ran out to the ambulance yesterday so I was preparing to stay the night. I didn't have to work today, and I wanted Mike to go home and rest. He would have no part of going home, so we both made use of the additional twin hospital bed in Jude's room. Let me just tell you that two people cannot comfortably fit on that bed, but we made it work. I didn't sleep much, so I was not that sore this morning, but Mike was. Jude did fairly well during the night. They kept the oxygen running, and they would send respiratory in every four hours for a treatment. They take a hollow blue cup, and pound on Jude's chest, and back to break lose the mucous.

This morning Jude woke up at 7:30am, and I was amazed he was already awake. I laid in our little twin bed sleepily until we heard the tale tale sign of Jude gagging. Luckily a nurse was right next to him, and flipped him on his side. Mike, and I both sprang into action just in time to see Jude vomit all over his pillow. Poor pillow bit the dust laced in mucous, and green items mixed throughout. I know that's gross, but there is a purpose of me telling you that. So we are still waiting on the results, but I am not beginning to question the possible croup diagnosis. Not only did Jude throw up green stuff, but the nurse is now saying his left lung sounds affected. In addition when respiratory turns him to the right his stats drop below 92. She said this can happen if the lung that is facing upwards is having issues. I am wondering if the ER doctor was right and that Jude may have had pneumonia developing that we cannot see yet. Jude is also continuing to run a fever even through the Tylenol they are giving him.

After Jude laid awake for about 15 minutes he quickly went back to sleep, and has not woke up since. He has not eaten yet today, and he needs to take his medication, but he does not want to wake up. In fact respiratory came to pound on his chest, and back, and he didn't budge during the procedure. I am positive they will find out the issue today, and then we will know how to continue to treat the issue. They did give Jude a round of steroids last night.

Poor Mike had a very difficult time yesterday. I was calm until I saw Jude's hands, and feet begin to mottle, but overall I was able to put everything in perspective. Poor Mike had to follow behind us in the ambulance, and at one point he lost us. We had pulled over to insert and IV, and apply oxygen due to Jude's stats. Poor Mike was panicked by the time we got to the hospital, and who could blame him? It was the fear of the unknown. Mike was in tears, and had called my aunt bawling. He said he isn't going to make it if something every happens to Jude, and he feels like he is just waiting for something to happen. I felt so bad for him.

I am thankful for the prayers yesterday. I am sad we will miss seeing everyone today, because we had to cancel Jude's birthday party. I am also thankful to my friend Jennifer. Within minutes of being in our room she surprised us by showing up with a bag full of clothes for me. She also had some soaps, a toothbrush, and lotion. It was a blessing last night for sure!! She even packed a sweatshirt which was much needed in our freezing room. They want the temp lower since Jude is running a fever, and brrrrrrrrr! I will update the final diagnosis once we receive it.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Hey Jenn, just wanted to stop by and let you know the Sept 08 PR on JM are praying for and thinking of Jude and your whole family. *hugs*

Colleen said...

I'm sorry your little guy is in the hospital. I'll be praying!

jocalyn said...

praying you guys get answers today. hang in there.

Debbie said...

oh my...

just updated myself on the last few days...so sorry to hear of all you guys are going through.

Hope you get answers and get Jude on some meds to help him get rid of whatever it is making him so sick.

in my thoughts today...