Thursday, September 2, 2010

Happy Birthday baby Jude!

My little boy turns two years old today, and even though he kept me up half the night I love him dearly. He has taught me more in two years than anyone has in my lifetime. I wish I could grant him a birthday wish of a healed brain, being able to walk, being able to talk, and more, but something tells me he is grateful for what he has. He is a happy little boy with two loving parents, and an incredible sister. I think Jude knows more about loving life than the rest of us labeled "normal" people do.


Yesterday on facebook I posted a quote I found from Greys Anatomy. I loved it, and I was very touched with the words. "Maybe gratitude has nothing to do with joy. Maybe being grateful means recognizing what you have for what it is. Appreciating small victories. Admiring the struggle it takes simply to be human. Maybe we're thankful for the familiar things we know. And maybe we're thankful for the things we'll never know. At the end of the day, the fact that we have the courage to still be standing is reason enough to celebrate." Very true!


So happy birthday my little man. I am so very proud to be your mommy! Here is a picture of my two boys when I left this morning, and yes they were both sound asleep. I love the picture, but it does show how thin, and pale Jude has gotten from lack of eating properly.






Also, Mike seems to be doing SO much better!!! I am hoping he is able to keep his spirits up. Maybe, it's the prospect of getting help, and being able to get out more. I am very proud of him.

One more item to share ~ Emily did get a part in the play. She is a supporting role to the lead. She is playing a "bird girl". She backs up the lead Mayzie, and it part of her popular bird clan, ha! I cannot WAIT to see her perform.

3 comments:

Gilda said...

Happy Birthday Jude! didn't realize we have the same birthday today indeed is a special day.

mom2nji said...

Happy Birthday Jude!

Bronx Cataldo's said...

Happy 2nd Birthday Jude