Monday, November 22, 2010

Smile Box party

Yesterday was the big Emily's Smile Boxes Christmas box making party, and it went amazing. I bet we had about fifty volunteers show up throughout the day. Many people I didn't even know, they just found us through word of mouth. We even had a few stragglers from the coin show next door come to help. We filled over 400 boxes, and they were all dropped off yesterday. I have some amazing photo's to share with everyone. The bad news? Mike broke his finger unloading the boxes out of his truck, and it looks TERRIBLE. I think he is just going to have to suck it up and go to JPS to have it set back into place. He got a split last night thinking there was nothing that could be done, but it's obvious it's broken, and out of socket. Of course, he doesn't have insurance so chalk it up to our luck. JPS will see him, and they have a level 1 triage center, so he should get good care. The challenge is getting him to go.


Jude didn't like the event yesterday as much as he normally does. He had two separate hissy fits where we had to take him out of the room. I thought it may be the noise, but he started grinding his teeth, so we knew it was the cutting of the molars again. We gave him some Motrin for pain, and soon he was back to normal.


So I have been a bit stressed over money, and feeling a bit unhealthy lately. I have therefore neglected my blog some. I am trying to get caught up, relaxed, and in a better spot. I will be posting more soon. Until then here are some awesome pictures from this weekend. I am great at my job, but I have always wanted to work in a position to where I could serve those in need. So proud my daughter has helped me achieve this goal.






No comments: