Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Judeeeee

I was so excited because I put Jude down asleep at 9:30 last night, and I was looking forward to some me time. The boy woke up 20 minutes later, and didn't go to sleep until after two. Luckily Mike watched him until 2, but then it was my turn. Jude was up and down until I went to work this morning, so I am exhausted! PLUS, I just realized that somehow someone got into my wallet and took BOTH my debit cards. I just had to cancel them, and request them be reissued. I am counting the minutes until this day ends because it's officially on my nerves! I feel so naked without my debit cards.

I do have some good news. Last night Mike was giving Jude some tummy time and working on Jude's neck control. I was leaving to go to a quick meeting, and I said "Jude" in my mommy voice that you have all experienced, and Jude whipped his head to the side. He was looking for me!! We repeated this several times and each time Jude would lift his neck up, turn it to the left, and look for me. He couldn't turn his head around like we do, but he did very well, I was very proud of him. I was so happy he responded to my voice, and that he was making such an effort to find me.

We are going to look into a bed that helps adjust Jude at night while he sleeps. Jude pulls his legs up in a position I could never obtain, and he gets very upset. He also wants to turn over, but he cannot. So we are starting the melatonin, and looking into a better bed for him. Maybe this will help with his sleep.

3 comments:

Candace said...

AWwwwwwwwww Jude! So sweet! Hey, Jenn, I can't remember if I told you this before but after a lot of experimenting with different brands of melatonin the best one we tried is the Nature's made brand. They sell it at Walgreen's often buy one get one for about 7 bucks. We have tried about 4 other brands but none of them seemed to work as well. Just a little FYI. Good luck with it!

mom2nji said...

Ack I would be in a panic without my debit cards! Sorry for your cruddy day.
But yay for Jude turning his head!
Also Melatonin is from the Gods! I can't rave enough about what it has done for my son.

Our Journey said...

go jude!!! so exciting!! there are some special needs beds out there that insurance pays for, definitely look into that first!