Wednesday, June 24, 2009

If only we could sleep

I am so tired..........really.......I am! Jude is just not sleeping well at all at night anymore, and I am not sure what is going on with him. Mike is great about getting up with him, but once I wake up it takes awhile to go back to sleep. I told Mike that the best thing would to keep Jude up today, but Mike is so tired he wants to sleep too. I know Jude is cutting a tooth so that may be what's causing his odd behavior, and the cold symptoms I mentioned yesterday. Jude also seem to be in a bit of a daze. I was going to try to get him in with the pediatrician today for his check up, but I am waiting until they all wake up.

I was up late last night baking a cake so that contributed to my lack of sleep. My boss has his 50th birthday tomorrow so the girls, and I went in together to get him a very nice cake. I am custom making it, and it should be several levels, and full of baseball stuff just for him. Although, my first cake fell apart right out of the oven, and Mike had to come downstairs to find out what all the fuss was about in my kitchen. I was full of words, and frustrations as Mike looked on with a slight grin on his face. I am sure I mentioned something about wiping his smirk off with a spatula.After cutting a dozen tiny baseballs out of white fondant, re-doing the cake mix, and popping it in the oven, yours truly dove into a hot bath with a glass of wine...whew!

Sometimes I guess I take on to much, but that's just how I am. I enjoy being busy, but sometimes work myself into a frenzy. I then have to take myself back a few steps, and chill out for a bit. So my frustration level probably rose because I had a very busy day at work, then had to pick Jude up from my cousins, off to Costco to grocery shop, fixed dinner, gave the baby a bath, and then worked on the cake. It was a busy day, and mama had a cake baking melt down. Luckily my husband volunteered to do the dishes from last night today. Could be he was a bit afraid of the seething monster covered in flour....kidding of course.

So today it's a bit slower at work, and I am able to catch my breath for a moment. Tonight Emily has another try out for a softball team so that will be another item to run to, BUT we enjoy watching her, and sitting outside on a nice warm night. I am hoping for a solid nights rest tonight, and a baby that sleeps through the night.

By the way, Jude is still doing very well at hitting the button on his fan. I do still wonder about his eyesight though. Any time anything touches his face he laughs, and coos. I guess that doesn't mean much, but he seems to look in different directions where there is nothing to see. I guess only time will tell.

3 comments:

Colleen said...

That's great that Jude is doing well..I hope you will soon get some much needed rest!

My Bottle's Up! said...

i will wish you rest...

The Wacky Whittons said...

Do you think Jude can take teething tablets? They are natural and shouldn't interfere with his Depakote. I would ask. They are MIRACLE drugs and he would get so much relief...as you would too!!!!

I have 3 cakes to make this week and 1 next week. One for Gracie today, One for Gracie next week, Two for 2 co-workers sharing a day. Wow.