Thursday, July 3, 2014

Post Op Thursday

Mike stayed with Jude last night so I could go home since I had to work today. I am going to catch up on all my stuff here and then head back to the hospital. He said Jude did much better last night with the around the clock pain relief. He did say that Jude woke up whimpering this morning and his respiratory rate dropped to 9. So they went ahead and gave him more pain medication before they had a real issue. They are also coming in today to adjust the rate of the medication in the pump because I have not noticed a difference in his legs yet at all. His legs are still very stiff. So they are going to increase the medication by 20%.

I am anxious to get back to the hospital because they are going to sit Jude up today for the first time. I know this will be painful for him and I would like to be there to hold his hand. Oh Jude did blow a vein last night and his IV had to be moved. The antibiotic they are using is extremely harsh on the body. His little arm got puffy and there were some little red streaks so the nurse was worried about the medication causing tissue damage. So they put in a new IV in the other arm. Jude is a big trooper when it comes to blood draws and IV sticks.

We appreciate the texts and forgive us if we don't get right back to you. If anyone wants to visit he is in room 4306. Thanks for the continued prayers. He is a little fighter for sure.

No comments: