Wednesday, March 17, 2010

SLEEP

Jude slept!!! He ate about 8 ounces at 8:30pm, and then he stayed up until about 10:30. I took him to bed, but he would have no part of sleeping in his crib. So I took him out, and laid him in bed very close to me, and he fell sounds asleep. I remember telling myself to just relax and hold him because he wasn't going anywhere. I then fell asleep next to him, and a little later I heard Mike come in and say "Oh boy you are there again aren't you?". So he moved him to his crib, and Jude slept all night long, I was thrilled. I felt revived, and refreshed this morning, it's amazing what sleep will do for a person.

I have had lots of insurance quotes at work today which I am hoping is a signal that the economy is beginning to change. Although, Emily's donations have started to decrease, so it's a whole give and take in my two worlds.

Jude's nurse comes today, and he seems to just adore her. Jude is extra happy on the days Charlotte is there. He loves his dad, but I think having a woman giving him constant attention is up Jude's alley. I have seen a subtle decrease in Jude's seizures, but he is still having them. The seizures he is having also look a bit different then what they were before. We will slowly increase the new medication, and it's suppose to increase the effects of the Depakote too. We will see what happens. We had gotten Jude a cute little swimsuit for the summer, but we learned this medication can cause overheating. So we will keep him at his indoor therapy pool.

4 comments:

Sherry C said...

oh such good news!

gilda said...

Glad to hear you got some ZZZZZZZ's in, keeping you and your family in my prayers, for no more sleepless nights.

Laura Marchant said...

Yay for sleep!!! Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Glad you got some much needed sleep.