Sunday, January 3, 2010

The holidays come to an end

The end of our holiday vacation is drawing near. I guess we all wish we were independently wealthy, and could just stay home all day. Since we aren't it's hi ho hi ho off to work we go tomorrow. I enjoy my job though, and since we are coming out with new rates I will have lots of work to do.

Jude is doing a bit better, but still has a horrible cough. He is going through "holding withdrawals" though. I like to hold him a lot, and this can cause issues during the holidays. When I leave Mike has to get stuff done, and Jude gets upset he isn't being held. So today I am trying to give him a bit of space, but he is having no part of it. The good news is he is eating much better today. I ran to the store, and got him the hospital like nipples only "fast flow", and he just ate a 9 ounce bottle in about 15 minutes. He also ate half a bowl of rice with banana's. I pray that Jude will continue to increase his like of solids, and therefore take in more calories. The more calories he gets the more energy Jude has to put into therapy.

I could re-cap my 2009, but it was a lot like 2008 so I will refrain. Plus, since I keep up with this blog everyone already knows what our year has been like. I have a whole lot to be thankful for, and a whole lot I would like to forget. So we march forward with hopes that 2010 will be an incredible year. I have a few mini vacations planned, which I am really looking forward too.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. On another note, one of my best friends had a tragedy this New Years Eve. Her dad was lighting a mortar, and it blew up in his face. The results were horrible, and we are praying he pulls through. A few prayers for Kel, and her dad would be appreciated.

I will post some pictures tomorrow, until then have a wonderful Sunday.

No comments: