Sunday, January 24, 2010

At a loss?

So far today, Jude's seizure toll is at ten. Several of them have been violent, and I am just at a loss. About four Emily, Jude, and I traveled to my friend Linda's house to pick up her dress for her big event in two weeks. While we were there Jude got very upset again, and we gave him some children's Motrin. He calmed down, but before he did he had a horrible breathing episode. It sounded like his lungs were filling with fluid, and I have to admit that I panicked. I took him outside so he could get the cool air into his lungs to open them up, and to hide how scared I was. I was on the verge of calling 911, but Jude soon starting coughing. Whatever was in his lungs quickly diminished, and he began breathing normally again. Emily, and I both calmed our fears, and went back inside. He then had not one, but two seizures. UGH! I felt terrible that my friends had to be exposed to Jude's struggles, and see how difficult seizures are. Linda's daughter is pregnant, and I knew this affected her greatly.

I am now watching Jude closely to make sure that he is not developing a lung infection. He is not running a temp, and he is not wheezing anymore. I am not sure what triggered all this, but I know my allergies are terrible, so maybe that's a factor. He is also still teething. All I know is that I was SCARED!

I have given him his Depakote for the night, and I am hoping that he goes to sleep soon, because I think he needs it. Also, mama needs a glass of wine, or a hot bath, because it's been a day for sure.


7 comments:

Sherry C said...

Oh that sounds pretty scary .. if his temperature doesn't resolve or gets worse he probably needs to see the doctor to ensure he didn't aspirate into his lungs, some kids aspirate when they are not feeding, as it can be caused by saliva or stomach fluid refluxing up into the lungs. Hopefully it's nothing that serious I hope you don't mind me mentioning it .. that use to happen to my daughter and I never realized as she rarely coughed or appeared ill it just showed up on chest x-ray her lungs doctors sent her for.

I hopefully Jude gets a good nights rest to help him fight whatever is causing his fever.

~Amy Rose said...

Jenn...I am so sorry to hear about the seizures. I can not even begin to imagine the fear, hurt, and anger it has on you. You guys are in my prayers....for those darn seizures to go away!! I hope you got your bath and glass of wine! HUGS!!

Pam said...

I can not imagine that kind of a scare. You have to be one of the strongest Mommies I "read". God Bless you all. I hope whatever it is Jude fights it and feels better soon.

Judi Music said...

Poor Jude... poor Mama and Emily too! I'll say a little prayer that he gets some rest and you figure out what's triggering these horrible seizures and issues breathing.

Bless him!

Candace said...

So sorry, Jenn, I always worry about Faith having seizures in public. She had one at the check out in the grocery when she was two. I didn't even notice it, as I was paying, the girl checking me out asked if she was ok. I was so upset....

Sherry C said...

Hopefully he is not aspirating, poor jude I hope things are improving for him today.

Linda said...

I'm glad he's feeling better now, he seemed to be in a lot better mood after you took him outside, which relieved all of us! Jenn, don't ever feel terrible or apologize for what WE experienced, we love Jude, so no matter if he's talking and laughing or having a seizure, we will roll with the punches right along with you. That's what friends are for! And btw, Emily is a master at bringing him out of a seizure. She just amazes me!!