Sunday, January 24, 2010

Hell of a seizure

After I fed Jude this morning he seemed comfortable, and then suddenly started crying out of control. He was crying like something was hurting him so I grabbed the Mylanta, I took off his hand splints, I did everything I could think of. Suddenly, he went into a full blown horrible seizure. He was turning red, jack knifing, and tears were streaming down his face. It was as if he knew it the seizure was about to strike, and it lasted way to long. I was worried!

Luckily it went away, and now Jude is asleep. It was a scary one, and I didn't like it one bit! I know he didn't either.


4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Sorry to hear he had such a rough one, was it like the ones he was having before the Depakote?

Candace said...

Oh Jenn,
I am SOOOO sorry. Poor thing... I think we need to start a "seizure haters" blog for all of us dealing with this awful monster. I am so sorry, Jude.

Debbie said...

So sorry both of you had to start your day like that...Unfortunately Hudson and I start most of our days like that...the screams from him, the tears from both of us, the terror of a seizure...I prayed for Jude and all our seizure friends/families today.

Will pray you don't see anymore of those ugly seizures!

mom2nji said...

I am so sorry. I have no idea how you handle it. I am glad he is better now.