Thursday, October 15, 2009

Mike surprised me and stopped by the office today with Jude. I got a few stolen kisses and happy smiles from my little Juders. He seemed to be a bit more aware of people coming, and going within the office so I think that's a good thing.

Oh, and prior to leaving for work this morning Jude decided to wake up bright eyed and bushy tailed. He normally sleeps in, but today he decided to wake up and laugh for about thirty minutes. It seems like he is getting on a bit of a routine, we can hope anyway.

So my second anniversary is coming up on Monday, we really have nothing planned. I realized how difficult it is to make plans, or spend time with your partner when your life has been turned upside down. It's very difficult to find a sitter, and we feel guilty asking due to Jude's issues. I asked my dad to watch Jude one day while Mike and I had couples massages, and Jude had a massive freak out. I felt awful that my dad had to experience it, but he handled it like a trooper. Other people are wonderful with him too, but everyone is pretty busy, and well life just marches on. We have figured out how to incorporate Jude into our routine though, and life just changes a bit. We are lucky though because family members step up to volunteer and watch him so we get out sometimes. I also recently found a church that provides a night of respite care, and I am looking into that.

Anyway, it's been a busy day so I am off.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello...I read your blog daily...I have commented once...And I have voted!! So I was wondering if you could vote for my kids @ http://family.go.com/gapkidscastingcall/entries/Genung5118 If not that is ok. I don't expect them to win I just thought it looked fun! i have to go under anonymous I can't get my password to work. My name is Casi (KC) Thank you!!