Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thursday

Well Em is on a field trip...........which always makes me nervous. What can I say I am a worry wart about her and I will be glad when her group is back. She is swimming so that means she will probably go to bed early. Anyway, I talked to the Neurosurgeon today at Cooks Children's. He was the one that was so wonderful to us and really listened to our situation. I waited some time now to call him back and give him the results of the recent scans. I also asked him if the brain vents can go back up in the third trimester. He said that it's possible, but rather than focusing on that what you want to look at is the "trend". He said in this situation it seems the vents are always measuring about the same or going down. He said the fact the head is growing in size, the brain vents are shrinking, and every other major component is there he would classify it as "good news". He said no one can be sure, but that if he were scanning every week that is the news he would relay. He said he was very happy to hear this information. So again we are just praying for continued head growth. If the head stops growing that means the cortex just didn't grown. Then again if the head keeps growing how it is Jude has a great chance at a normal life.

Ps. My darn ear started ringing again.........bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
lol.

No comments: