Tuesday, July 20, 2010

BIG NEWS

So I have amazing news! Yesterday Mike called to tell me that Jude had ............ready for it? (insert drum roll), TRIED TO CRAWL! Can you believe it? Not only had he tried, he had succeeded in moving. He said he watched Jude lift up his booty, and starting figuring everything out. I was so anxious to get home last night!!! There was a part of me that wondered if Mike wasn't just wishful thinking, but I could tell from his voice something was going on. In addition Jude's therapist had seen the accomplishment, and was thrilled. She said it was "asymmetrical crawling".

So when I got home I immediately went to put Jude on his tummy to see what would happen. Sure enough Jude lifted up his booty, and put his legs in a w, then put one forward, then the other, and working his arms as well. He only scooted maybe half an inch, but he still did it, and he smiled! He understands what he is doing is a great thing, he truly gets it.

Not only is Jude trying to crawl he is continuing to look at us in the eyes, even his therapist pointed this out yesterday. He also is EATING more, and initiating taking bites of baby food. Jude is very delayed, but he is doing his best to try to learn more, and I am very proud of him!!!

It makes me wonder what he could accomplish if we could get a full grasp on his seizures.

I will post a video of the crawling tomorrow.

5 comments:

Katy said...

WOO HOOO! Being able to move is huge--especially for keeping him healthy. Fantastic news.

mom2nji said...

Holy Cow!!!! That is really, really, really awesome! So happy for him!

Julie said...

That is wonderful news!!! :)

Candace said...

Jenn, We are dancing here in SC! GO JUDE! I can't wait to see the video! So happy for him and for you guys!

Pam said...

WOW, it's only the beginning for your little scrapper! Jude, you have so much more to show the world little man!