Thursday, September 19, 2013

A bad night for the JuJu Bean!

Jude did NOT have a good night and I am flat out exhausted at work. Normally at night when Jude wants to be turned over he will grunt a few times. I will then walk into his room and reposition him and he falls back to sleep. Last night on three separate occasions Jude would start whining and within seconds he was in a full on loud shrieking cry. It was awful! At first I thought it was his legs giving him issues, but then I noticed he had a fever. The first time I took it his temp was at 99.9 ax and then it was 98.9 ax (add a degree). So about 4:30am we gave him some Motrin and he went back to sleep and didn't wake back up. At 8am this morning he still didn't have a fever.

So the big question is if this is related to his legs or if he has something going on. His lungs sound clear so it may be a sinus infection. Basically we just have to keep watching him right now. Jude cannot tell us what's wrong he can only express he is hurting. If we take him in they will most likely say that it's viral and it needs to run it's course. So until the illness rears it's head in another way we are a bit stuck. His Motrin should start wearing off between 10:30 - 12:30 so I asked Charlotte to update me on his temperature and any pain.

I almost didn't make it to work today. For some reason I am really dragging lately and the lack of sleep is affecting me a lot more than it normally does. However, I am here for the time being.

1 comment:

Reagan Leigh said...

It's so hard, especially since they can't tell us what's bothering them!! Such a guessing game! I feel your pain! We were up with Reagan last night throwing up!! :(