Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Asking Jude

Emily had a band concert last night so I got home a bit later than I normally do. Once we settled in I grabbed Jude and we all sat down to watch our favorite show "Glee" as a family. We all laughed and enjoyed the music on the show and the lessons the show taught last night. During the episode my cell phone went off so I knew I had a text message. If I am holding Jude I will normally ask Emily to retrieve my cell phone from wherever I laid it down. Tonight I looked at Jude and said, "Jude go get mommy's cell phone please". He just looked at me and then looked back at the TV. Em and Mike looked at me a bit perplexed too, but I just repeated myself. Again, Jude looked at me. I said "Let's go get mommy's cell phone together okay?". So I carried him into the kitchen, placed the phone on his chest, then placed his hands over it,  and walked back to sit down on the couch. When I looked down at him he had the biggest grin I have ever seen on his face.

He understood............I just know it. I had asked him to do something versus his sister and he got to do it. I think he felt accomplished.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is soo moving, I think he got it too!! Thanks for sharing that!

Gilda said...

Super sweet post! very toughing to read that with mommy's help Jude knew he was able to do something for mommmy:)

Anonymous said...

Go Jude! I am sure he did get it! Go Mommy for asking him and letting him shine!!

Gilda said...

Sorry Jenn, that was suppose to read touching:)not toughing:{

Judi Music said...

Sounds like he may have been a bit proud of himself for helping!! So sweet!!