Wednesday, May 9, 2012

An ARD meeting

Today is Jude's ARD meeting. I have to be there by 3:30pm. What is an ARD?

"The purpose of an Admission, Review, and Dismissal (ARD) meeting is to give parents a voice in determining their child's Individual Educational Plan (IEP)."

This is the meeting that always leaves me feeling happy and sad all at the same time. I get to hear about Jude's progress, but at the same time I hear about his weaknesses. I know it's in Jude's best interest so I will be there with bells on. I will sit in the room with all the therapists, teachers, and school representatives to hear what route will be best for Jude.
I am very happy that we put Jude in school this year. I have seen a vast improvement in his communication. He even clearly said "MAMA" from his bed last night. His communication is sporadic, but we will get what we can.

I told someone yesterday the following. "People tell me that I should pray harder or hope more for Jude's improvement, but what they don't understand is that Jude is already a miracle to me. Jude is perfect just the way he is and I accept him without question". I meant it to. I don't need what other people want........all I need is Jude.

No comments: