Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Stars are bright......they shine tonight....

Today we had a birthday party to go to for little Sofia who was turning four. On our way to her house we stopped off to get some Emily's Smile Box supplies for our friends granddaughter that was in the car wreck I mentioned in my prior blog. While we were choosing items Emily brought me some glow in the dark stick on stars and asked me to buy them separate from her charity supplies. I complied and didn't ask any questions. Once we got home Emily took off to Jude's room and I didn't say a word. I knew what she was doing and I didn't want to spoil the positive energy. I heard the chair scooting across his room and Emily worked diligently for about an hour. Soon Emily reappeared and asked me to come look at Jude's ceiling and it looked like this.




Now his room it sprinkled with glow in the dark stars. The cutest part was she went up to Jude in her high pitched "Jude" voice and told him all about her gift to him. It was a good start to the New Year and a reminder that we should give of ourselves without question. It warmed my heart.

Jude seemed to really like her stars. He stared at them as we laid him down tonight.

1 comment:

Marcy said...

So sweet! That warms my heart.