Gees. Emily woke up today and her entire body looks like this.
Luckily we had the doctor appointment scheduled at 10am. Their main concern is Emily's continued fever and they also heard crackling in her chest. The lung X ray showed some thickening of the bronchial wall so they took a blood count to rule out an infection they aren't finding. We are pending the blood results and then we will know if we need to treat her further. They believe the rash is related to the Mono virus attacking her body.
Overall Em seems in pretty good spirits. She looks bad but she sounds better and is able to walk around. So we are keeping an eye on her. I have pretty much determined that if Emily's fever spikes again this weekend and the CBC results show positive I am taking her back to Children's. Hopefully this is all just viral related and Emily will start to get over this.