Saturday, August 15, 2009

Off to the hospital we go

Jude did fairly well last night, but not well enough. He only drank 10 ounces yesterday, and that was forcibly. I had left work at two to come home, and was able to get a little fluid in him. Then at 3am he woke up with a fever, and I tried to give him some more fluids with some Tylenol. The medication broke the fever, but he didn't get any additional liquids. When we try to feed him Jude screams like I have never heard him scream before. We have tried everything, and even giving him pedialyte by droppers. Today he has only had 2 ounces, and we are rounding the corner for noon. I have made the decision to take him into the hospital. It may be nothing, but I would rather be safe than sorry. I debated on whether to go to Dallas med city where his neuro has rights, or Children's where there are amazing gastro specialists. I think I have decided on Children's because this seems like it's a gastro problem. I am wondering if the reflux hasn't caused damage to his throat. I will keep everyone updated.

No comments: