Tuesday, August 18, 2009

SIGH!

Jude did much better eating last night, but we are back to the drawing board again this morning. He is again refusing to eat, and this leaves us bewildered. We are back to wondering if this is an issue from the sickness, the lack of fluids for so long, or what. Jude got up about 3am again, and we were up with him until about 5. He whimpered, and made noises in his bed, but was quiet if I held him. He did take two ounces, but that was all before he screamed because he didn't want anymore.

I think Mike is at the point he just wants them to put in a G button, I on the other hand really don't want that. I know it could make our lives easier, but until I am convinced this is neurological I don't want to proceed. I have seen Mike deteriorate in the last few weeks both emotionally and physically. I feel like I am running in circles trying to keep him sane, my family together, and my baby well. I am hoping with further doses of the antibiotic he will continue to improve. I am at a loss though......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that Jude is doing better. Is it possible that his not eating is because he still doesn't feel well? Hang in there, it sounds like you're feeling the weight of the world on your shoulders right now. You all seem like such sweet, loving people and I think Jude and Emily are both little angels in their own right.

Anonymous said...

I've been off-line for about a week, so I am just now catching up.
I can't imagine how scared you all must have been over the last couple of days.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Love,
Amy Hendrix

andrea said...

i am glad that the second hospital stay was a better experience than the first. roseola has been going around which presents itself with 3-4 days of very high fever, no eating, and a rash. i am glad that the medication has helped the pneumonia, and i hope he starts to eat again so that you don't need a tube. still praying for many better days ahead. i love that little guy!