Thursday, August 21, 2014

GOOD NEWS and the bad news

The good news...........we are NOT being checked into the hospital!!!

The bad news ............. all the doctors finally consulted and they believe Jude had Autonomic Dysreflexia (yep I had a friend that was right just via the blog). http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001431.htm

Now granted Jude has a high heart rate vs a slow one. However the doctor explained that Jude has neurological conditions that can respond differently. We also haven't noticed a blood pressure spike, but I bet we would if we monitored the pressure DURING an attack, which we have not done. So they are putting him on a new medication. If the medication does NOT work then we will be admitted. Obviously, we will want Jude monitored very closely as this condition can be serious.

To think I still have to fight for his nurses next Wednesday and prove medical necessity. Picture me rolling me eyes like a teenager.


No comments: