Sunday, November 29, 2009

Who knows.......

The pediatrician came in and said Jude's liver functions levels dropped, but actually not by much. They were 4800 last night, dropped to 3400, and are suppose to be 200. She said that she believes it's probably medication induced, but they are all a bit baffled. She explained that normally when one level goes up so does the other, but it's only the one that is greatly elevated. She then said the loose stools indicate a viral infection, but the lack of fever doesn't. I think everyone is a bit baffled, but all agreeing they do think he has acute pancreatitis. So they ordered a sonogram just to receive verification, and see if there are anymore issues.

When the nice lady came into the room to do Jude's sonogram he was screaming again, but after some Motrin he calmed down. She then spent about thirty minutes surveying Jude's organs, but spent little time on the pancreas. She spent the majority of her time looking at the liver, and drawing arrows to it. That sinking feeling that I got at my gender sonogram came back. Is it terrible to say that I fully expect them to come in here, and give me some terrible news?? I am so hoping I am just being an over reactive mom, but I don't think I am. I was so positive, and really thought we would come in yesterday, get some fluids, and Jude would be on his way. Boy was I wrong! I just hope Jude will be okay.

I appreciate the calls, but if I don't answer just know I am here alone right now, and it's difficult to get to the phone. I am also exhausted and not in a very good mood, so I would prefer no visitors right now. I will be sure to send updates as I get them, and a few prayers would be great. Pray I am just assuming, and they say all will be fine, and we can feed Jude, and take him home soon.

Thanks


6 comments:

Laura Marchant said...

Oh I am praying!!!! My heart hurts right now for you.

Katy said...

Well, good thing you were a concerned mom and got this taken of. I hate the hospital so much it's hard for me to make myself go there.

Saying a prayer for you guys right now and sending you some good liver/pancreas vibes.

A Girl Named Me said...

Hang in there. They'll have some answers for you soon. Thinking of you and your entire family. xo

~Amy Rose said...

Jenn...my prayers are with you and sweet little Jude. We will pray for the Lord to comfort Jude through all of this and for a speedy and full recovery.Take care of yourself....and know that we are praying for you too. BIG HUGS!

Amy

jocalyn said...

hey! im just getting caught up on your blog. so sorry to hear you guys are in the hospital. praying things get better soon.

are you at baylor with your neuro or at cooks?

Jennifer Ortiz said...

We are at Dallas Medical City with his neuro.