Thursday, November 12, 2009

one step forward, a tiny step back

We have been very slow at work this week, and it's driving me crazy. I prefer to be really busy, so I am hoping that it picks up very soon. I have put a call into several other agents, and they all seem to be pretty slow too. I am sure the impending holiday season has something to do with it all.

So Jude was very upset when I got home last night, and just laid on me crying. I was worried that after all the progress he had made he was now getting sick. I finally got about 4 ounces of pediasure down him, and he just laid in my arms. He didn't want to be put down, but he was smiley as long as I held him. I also had him "looking" at several things by pointing to them, and watching him turn his head. The happiness I feel when he does this will never wear off. I took Jude to bed pretty earlier, and surprisingly he fell asleep easily. Mike had stated he had a 3 hour nap earlier in the day, so I was surprised he didn't fight me on bedtime. I am keeping my hopes up that he was just tired, and not battling anything.

This morning Jude woke up with a pretty violent seizure, and this was a bit of a let down for us. I placed him in bed with Mike, and I, and soon my two boys were snoring together. A good indication of a really bad seizure is when Jude is wiped out after the episode. I laid there awake listening to their snoring tunes, but laughing at how cute my boys are when they snuggle together. I am going to check in later, in hopes that Jude has not experienced any other seizures. Seizures decrease Jude's learning capabilities so it's vital that we get them under control. An increase in seizure activity can indicate an illness, teething (he isn't), or a change in the weather (generally a storm). I have learned a lot about seizure activity in the past year.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Little Jude will definitely be in my thoughts in prayers. Hoping the seizures get better. Hugs!

Candace said...

Praying for the seizures to vanish! What a strong boy, though.