Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Sleepless in DFW

It was another sleepless night in our house. Mike took the first shift so I could get some sleep for work, I tend to sleep better from 10-2 than later. I believe Mike got Jude down about midnight, and Jude then woke up at about 3:30. He was up and down after that, but he would sleep as long as I held him, so I tried to get as comfortable as I could with him in my arms. He still also has yucky diapers, so it's the age old question of is this teething, or life threatening. Is this a problem with the increase in the medication that could signify a liver issue, or pancreatitis? Jude just had his medication levels drawn, and blood checked a few weeks ago, so we are hoping that isn't the issue. He doesn't have any bruising, and no vomiting which is another indication it's not medication related. We will keep a close watch on him as usual, and wait on the doctor to return my call from this morning.

So as we approach Thanksgiving I am reminded of all I am thankful for. I am also dealing with a few issues of being sad that Jude cannot understand what the Macy's day parade, turkey, and doesn't understand Santa Clause. I am however very thankful that Jude is with us, and the light he brings into our lives. I guess it's normal to feel a bit emotionally pulled in two directions during the holidays. I am also very thankful for my family because I would not have made it down this path the last year without their love and support. In addition to that, I have amazing friends who have also been there to support us as well. I have a good job where I am able to support my family, and I have an amazing daughter who has touched many lives this past year. Yes, I have a lot to be thankful for.

** Mike just called and said Jude isn't eating this morning, which may mean we will be spending Thanksgiving in the hospital, but I hope not.

2 comments:

Susie said...

Oh gosh! I hope you don't have to spend your holiday in peril.

Kaidence's Mommy said...

Oh No, I hope that you can stay home for Thanksgiving. Too bad we are not at the same hosptial. We could enjoy our hospital meal together.
Thank You for always checking in on our little Kaidence. I hope that you dont mind, but I am adding you to our side bar.

Also, what an amazing thing you have decided to do with the smile boxes. Wow! I hope that one day I can fgure out something like that to do for our local hospital.
Good luck with little Jude!
I will send you an email with the info you asked for.