Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A quick...good update

The neurologist called back, and said he is hoping this is just a teething issue. As instructed we will be continuing the increased dose of Depakote. He has instructed Motrin every 8 hours, and melatonin 3mg 1/2 a pill if Jude continues to run from the sandman. I am very happy to report that Jude has taken TWO 6 ounces bottles. He is such a character because he gives us such huge scares, but then seems to rebound. We have spent our fair share of nights in the hospital, but in comparison with many of Jude's special needs friends he seems to escaped more often from the clutches of PICU, or the epilepsy unit. The 12 ounces are not a huge amount, but it's enough that for tonight he will be just fine. We are also going to try giving his Depakote with level 3 baby food to try to avoid any type of additional stomach upset.

After Thanksgiving they will be scheduling Jude for an EEG, and a swallow study to see if any progress or regression has been made. Jude does have a few small raised bumps on him which I am watching, but he looks a lot better than he did. He also had another terrible diaper, which mommy manned with a mask and tongs, jk, but I did need them!!! I am hoping these loose stools clear up soon.

On another note, Emily started her own little blog to work out her feelings, and I went to see what she wrote. She is just so cute, I guess she read my blog, and is starting her own. http://lifefromakidspointofview.blogspot.com/.

Also, a big thanks to everyone that donated to Emily's Smile box charity, all it took were the words that our donations were running low. We really appreciate all your wonderful help.

We truly want to wish everyone a very wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Just wanted to say that your family is so beautiful, and I'm glad the first time I visit your blog, it's good news! So nice to hear that your little Jude (LOVE the name!) is doing so well. :)
Happy Thanksgiving!!

Cass said...

SO happy to hear some good news from you, I was worried to hear you guys would be in the hospital again...hard enough let alone on the holiday.

And how cute is Em? That little girl made me tear up.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Bronx Cataldo's said...

Hope Jude does better with the med increase.Never thought to ask for something to make Finnian sleep. Some night its 3am brfore he goes off and then sleeps all day at school. Its ok for me I am at home and have learned to survive on 2 hours sleep for a few nights.
Well done to Emily I love her blog. Tell her to keep up the good work.