Thursday, April 5, 2012

A question for SP parents and frustration.

I had a low key day at work which has been unusual lately. However, I had a high stress day in other parts of my life. I don't really want to go into it, but let's just say it has really stressed me out. My husband gave me two glasses of wine and calmed me down tonight. However, I am always naive and always wondering how people can put so much stock into material items and issues. Mike just said (again) "You forget you are Snow White". Maybe he is right!

On another note we noticed that Jude's sternum on the right side of his body is grossly protruding today. We have noticed this since they diagnosed him with scoliosis, but it's really bad tonight. He has also been very restless the last two night. So we are wondering if there is something going on. For my special needs parents let me describe it further. Jude's left chest is sunken in while the right right is VERY protruding. We are going to visit the doctor, but in the past they have told us not to worry about it. Is this something anyone has encountered before? He fluctuates between being very happy and irritable. We want to think it's just nothing and attributed to his failure to stand on his feet.

feedback would be appreciated.


1 comment:

Katy said...

I'm pretty sure that's related to the scoliosis. Charlie hasn't had it, but I remember another SN family talking about it. I'm sure the doctor could explain it better, but I think the important thing to look out for is to make sure that you're positioning him to be as comfortable as possible.