Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A dental appointment with butterflies!

Sometimes even though my mom is gone she finds a way to reach out. On my wedding day I smiled as a butterfly landed on my bouquet and stayed there throughout the entire ceremony (No I am not joking). All day I have been a bit flustered, uneasy, feeling a bit panicked... but I didn't know why. I finally realized tonight that I have anxiety about Jude's first dental appointment tomorrow. A regular dental cleaning is much different for children like Jude that have extreme special needs. Thanks to my diaper/food fairy phenomenon Gena I found one awesome dentist close to our house. Tomorrow I am taking him at 9am to have his tiny little teeth checked out. However, we have to stop all food by midnight tonight in case they have to sedate Jude for the cleaning and any possible procedure. Jude does not like having his teeth brushed...........so I am prepared for the sedation.

So as my anxiety peaked I packed Jude up for our nightly walk. When I turned on to our adjacent street I saw Jude smile!! He looked down to his arm......and I just stopped and grinned. There was a friend resting so peacefully and she rode on his arm the entire walk.


Now look closer......




3 comments:

smilinjo said...

LOVE this! I am a firm believer that our loved ones who have passed away are still with us if we take the time to notice! :)

Jo-Anne said...

That's so amazing! =)

Unknown said...

Well, that is indeed a good sign. It looks like grandma is wishing Jude all the best for his dental appointment. Kids like him really do need some extra care when it comes to handling them, especially in dental appointments. It pays to have a really good dentist who knows Jude’s needs. So how did the appointment go?
Dr. Jason Dew @ GRMetroDental