Monday, August 30, 2010

Busy bee, and more

Sometimes I wonder about writing this blog because everything seems to come across the wrong way. When I wrote about Mike, trust me when I say it's taken me a long time to finally write about that. I appreciate people taking up for him, but it's a very different situation than just depression. I am his biggest supporter, and I always rally behind him. Although, Mike is beyond the point of depression, and needs help. I have asked, and asked but he hasn't gotten any yet. I am hoping that the full time nurse will allow Mike to get a job, and get out of the house. He flat out told me he is going to go off the deep end if he cannot get out. Trust me, if I could trade positions with him I would. He is a wonderful dad, but this life has aged him greatly. He rarely shaves, looks tired, screams all the time, and is just beat down. Who could blame him, right? I totally get it! I really think getting him back into the workforce will help him. Also, it's been since the beginning of 2008 that we could just.......go have dinner without planning for seizures, medication, wheelchair allowance, and more. I KNOW you SN moms out there get it. This weekend was much better, and I think Mike enjoyed having me there with him. I think our trip in February is going to be amazing, and I am really looking forward to it. Plus, our calendar is pretty booked until December, so i think the time will fly by. I know he will enjoy showing me around some place he loves so much.

This weekend was busy as usual, but relaxing at the same time. I biked both Saturday, and Sunday to try to keep up with my work out routine. I took lunch off today to catch up, but I will be back to working out tomorrow. I am feeling much better, and I hope to inspire Mike to start working out soon too. When we met Mike was ripped from head to toe, and was wanting to become a trainer. Working out is a release of stress to him, and I know it would help him mentally. We both had stopped working out when our gym wouldn't watch Jude due to his seizures. Maybe we should open a gym that has respite services for special needs parents?

I had a Scentsy party on Saturday, and my friend Fleck went with me to keep me company. On Sunday my aunt came over to watch Jude, while Mike, and I went to eat lunch via a gift card we had received. It was all wonderful until our truck said we had 42 miles left until we were out of gas, and we ran out anyway. We literally both just laughed, and called roadside assistance. Just another day in our life I guess.

I am very busy this week. My work is busy, Emily's Smile Boxes has something MAJOR going on that I will inform you about in September, Jude's birthday is this weekend, his surgery is next week, and more. All that on top of Scentsy going through their spring/summer to fall/winter conversion. This has created a flurry of interest in Scentsy......which is awesome. So if I don't reply to you, or get back to you right away just know that is why.

Now if you would feast your attention to the right on my blog you will see a new link I put up for http://www.babybumpz.com/ . Please check out their site. For every headband purchased they donate a headband for cancer, or other charities. They are sending headbands for Emily's Smile Boxes, which is amazing. Not to mention they have some incredibly cute stuff!!!!

2 comments:

jocalyn said...

have they promised you more nursing hours when the g-button is placed?

also, i know i've asked you before, but don't you get respite hours through mdcp? you can use that money to pay your nurse through the cds option. then you guys can go workout together! mdcp will also increase your allotted money if you don't get nursing hours. (they also lower the amount when your nursing increases)

MEME said...

I HAVE READ YOUR BLOG FROM START TO NOW.I KNOW WHAT MIKE IS GOING THROUGH,MY SON WAS BORN WITH OPEN SPINE AND REQUIRED CONSTANT CARE,YOU LOVE THEM WITH EVERYTHING IN YOU BUT THE CONSTANT DAY TO DAY WEARS YOU DOWN,WHAT REALLY HELPS IS TIME OFF,BEING ABLE TO GET AWAY FROM THE CHILD SOME.WORKING WOULD BE A GREAT HELP ASLO COUNSELING TO TALK THROUGH THE FEELINGS! AWAY TIME IS THE BEST THING ANY ONE COULD GIVE HIM,NO ONE KNOWS UNLESS THEY GO THROUGH IT.MY SON IS A MAN NOW BUT I REMEMBER HOW HARD IT WAS! GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU!