Thursday, December 3, 2009

A night of unrest, but hope

Jude would not go to sleep last night. I was up with him crying, and crying, so I asked for some Motrin, and Jude finally fell asleep at 2am. He then woke back up at 4am, but quickly went back to sleep. So it's been a night with little rest again, but I was able to get 5 ounces into Jude last night. Then this morning Jude woke up, and took another 6 ounces of Similac. I was so excited that I paged the nurse to tell her. I am really hoping they will let Jude go home.

I fully expect that Jude will continue to have some feeding issues at home. I think Mike and I are leaning towards the G button, but we want to go home to rest before Jude has this done. I am so thankful Jude is eating, and he has been so smiley with me. In fact the nurse last night said she thinks Jude just needed his momma for a night. Mike is an INCREDIBLE dad, but I think he was more tired than he realized. I am so glad he went home, and got some sleep. I am so anxious for us all the be back home, but we also want Jude well before we go back too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn,

I am so pleased to hear Jude has been eating better! I agree with the nurse. Babies love their Daddies, but there is just something about a Mother's touch.

Love,
The Hendrixes

A Girl Named Me said...

I'm glad he's doing a bit better. I'm sure you and Mike will make the best decision for Jude and your family on the G Button.

Kaidence's Mommy said...

Dang! My blog is not showing me when you update. I will have to recheck things. I have been wondering what was going on. We are still sending good thoughts and prayers your way.

Also, G-tube is the greatest thing ever. Honestly, I put it off forever, but now I wonder why I did. My neighbor has a little girl with CP and she put hers off as well. She just got her about 2 months ago and loves it. It is so much better than a tube in their little nose and taped to the face. Don't know if that help anyhow. At least it is a very fast surgery. It only takes minutes. I always joke that every kid should come with their own g-tube. I hope your day goes well.