Sunday, December 13, 2009

Help a family.......or two

We had an incredible weekend, and Jude is doing very well. I will post all our details tomorrow, but until then I had something to ask everyone. This weekend I learned that one of my avid readers is having a very difficult time, financially. Not only did the mom lose her job, but the dad has lost his job too, thanks to our fabulous economy. There isn't much left for Christmas since it takes everything they have just to survive.. I posted a plea on facebook for some donations, and stated Emily's Smile Boxes will try to help this family out. So far we have been able to get them several items. Emily, and I sat tonight wrapping what we were able to purchase, and labeled it all "from Santa".

Although, while posting my plea I learned of several other families who are in the same predicament. It breaks my heart to think that a child will not have a present to open on Christmas. Therefore, Emily's Smile Boxes if pledging to help as many families as possible this Christmas. If you would like to help us you can paypal whatever you can afford to emilyssmileboxes@yahoo.com. Keep in mind that it is tax deductible, and anything helps, even a $1.

Our life may be difficult, and struggling between wanting to be at home and work is hard, but in the end I am so thankful for my job. I know I post a lot here about charity, but helping others, helps our hearts. Thanks to everyone that can spare a little bit. I will post pictures of our endeavors so you can share in the joy of your donations.

No comments: