Monday, February 16, 2009

It's Monday

I have found a correlation between Monday's, and my bad moods. I think it's the fact that I spend all weekend with my family, and on Monday I have to get up and leave them. I miss out on Jude's half smiles, his slobber, his feedings, and just holding him. It rather makes me sick, and I think I am getting pretty down about it. I don't really see a way out of it though since I have to work. It's depressing, and I hate leaving them.

Jude had a seizure last night before he went to sleep, but it was very short. He then slept through the night, but got restless at about 3:30am. This wasn't a big deal, because I was already awake because I heard my text go off at 3am. It was my daughter..........yes texting me.........in the middle of the night....."Mom Scooter puked on my floor and it smells". Really? Well it's not MY cat! So I got up, and climbed what seemed to be the mountain of stairs in our house only to find WHY Em texted me. It was DISGUSTING. I don't understand how a cat could hold that much stuff in his stomach. So trying to hold back my own vomit I commenced to cleaning her carpet. I scrubbed and scrubbed, but I still have a large bright orange circle on her carpet. Ugh, I hate carpet!!! I then marched back downstairs to listen to Jude scoot around in his playpen. I finally grabbed him and put him in bed with us, and listened to Mike gripe at me that I wake Jude up. Not true I say! Anyway, Mike fed Jude, and then we all went to sleep together until Em texted me that she didn't want to go on the bus. I moved Jude back to his bassinet, and marched back up the stairs again. It seems Em is still recovering from a late night birthday slumber party she had with her cousin on Sat night. So she got the "don't do the crime if you can't do the time" comment and her little booty scooted off to the bus stop. So I then layed back down once more only to hear Juder pants scooting around again, and when I looked in his bassinet I saw his big eyes open. Thus giving up on my journey to get more sleep before work, and grabbed the little peanut out of his bed. Once I grabbed him I got some smiles, and cuddles so that made it all worth while.

So if you noticed we had a pretty seizure free night, and I am crossing my fingers. As of 11am Jude had still not had a seizure this morning. Maybe the increase in the phenobarbitol is helping combined with the increases in the topamax.

3 comments:

The Wacky Whittons said...

Em had school today? The kids were out here for President's Day.

Jennifer Ortiz said...

Yes maam they did argh!

jocalyn said...

That texting stuff is hilarious! Oooh, momma, you're gonna be in trouble with that little girl! Ha! Your nights sound about like ours...Kendall still sleeps with us because its the only way anybody can get sleep. Oh, well. Sleep is over-rated anyway! Sleep and food. That's what I keep telling myself. Have a good week!