Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The busy bee stung me

Well we have been very busy at work again so I am just now posting. Jude did pretty well last night. He had a seizure about 7:55pm, and it was a strong one. Although, he slept through the night without any incident, and this AFTER we have lowered his pheno. He then went through most of the morning, and finally had a seizure attack about 12:30. He is back at Mike's moms again today, and she called after the seizure was complete. I can hear the stress in her voice, and I just try to assure her that Jude does not remember the seizure. I do have to throw in that the new neurologist confirmed my fears that Jude's crying during his seizure is pain. The other neurologist told us that it was a part of the seizure. The new doctor disagrees, and said it's equivalent to Jude being poked with something that hurts over and over. It becomes frustrating, and his little body begins to hurt.....dam$ seizures! We have also noticed that Jude is a little more alert, and a little more cranky since the pheno has been lowered.

I am currently waiting on the hospital to return my call about our admission on Friday night. So therefore, I am going to post some pictures from this past weekend, and keep this report brief.

My mommy thinks it's cute to wrap me in the fluffy Cowboys blanket:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Jude meeting with his therapist at our house. She makes him hold his hands open, and he gets very aggravated with her. I am not sure if you can tell in the photo. It's actually a bit encouraging to us because he shows emotion.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Have I mentioned Jude LOVES his chair?? I made the cutest thank you notes up to send out for his lil chair...just wait!!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

So I have mentioned on here that Mike is painting a new custom home in Stephenville. Well, we went up there as a family this past Sunday to see the work he had been doing. We also looked around at the pretty country, and we even stopped at a little winery. For $5 the people at the winery let us taste their different brands. Then we walked around looking at their land, grapevines, and such. It was a nice day away......until Jude had a seizure....but still overall a nice break. So here are some photo's from that day....

Em took this with her camera. The countryside outside the house.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Myself and Em
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Jude's turn with Mom
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Outside the little winery
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wait....where is daddy during all this? Oh yeah taking Jude to the car. He always is in charge of car seat duty.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments: