Friday, January 2, 2009

It's 2009

Well it's officially 2009, and I am hoping for a much better year than 08. I have to work today although I am really unsure why because the phone has not rang once since I have gotten here. So we went to my cousins for a bit on New Years Eve, and Jude held up pretty well. Mike still looked tired, but he got out of the house and I was proud of him. Mike does so much better when I am at home with him and Jude.....the difference is amazing. I wish I could be there all the time because I know it's so hard to absorb all the seizures Jude has.
Yesterday Em was with a friend so Mike and I spent some quiet time together, and then grocery shopped. Jude had several seizures yesterday two of them being rather difficult ones. This was still a bit discouraging since he is now on the topamax in addition to the phenobarb. I know it will take awhile to get the medicine into his system though. He actually woke up three times last night, and two of those times he was seizing. So I am EXHAUSTED today!!!! Even though Mike gets up with him so I can sleep before work I never really fall back to sleep. We normally place Jude in bed with us and pat him while he finishes his seizure. I really wish we could get these seizures under control. I am at peace with having a disabled child, but seeing him in pain is over the top. Sometimes I feel like he is never really Jude, but seizures looking at me. Then he will coo or try to smile, and I see his little baby self in there and he melts my heart.
Well I guess everyone's holidays are ending, and the kids will be going back to school. So as we all take down our Christmas Trees, put up the lights, and the wreaths we should reflect on all we have to be thankful for. Here is to everyone having a blessed 2009!

No comments: