Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Big announcement

Well I said I wasn't going to say anything about seizures being good again, but I truly cannot help myself. Ladies and gentlemen I have a HUGE announcement:

JUDE HAD A SEIZURE FREE DAY YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Besides the 1 very mild one he had early morning at 7:30 he went seizure free!!!! Now again today so far.........not ONE seizure. Could it be that the new found topamax is actually beginning to work?? Is it possible that my doubts regarding modern medicine is now beginning to turn? I don't want to get my hopes up because I know seizures are sneaky little... well....things (to refrain from cussing). I also know that as Jude grows his medications will have to adjust. So after our event free day I called the neurologist this morning. I called because we need a refill on the topamax, and to inquire about matching the nightly dose in the morning. If we give 2 topamax in the morning, and 2 at night we may see even more control over these nasty seizures. In addition to slowing his seizures Jude has suddenly greatly increased his appetite.
We have our meeting with the medically dep children program today so I must cut this blog short. I have to run home on lunch to meet with the ladies from the state.
I will tell you that I had a mom ask me today what Jude's subtle seizures looked like prior to them becoming audible and very noticeable. I tried to explain, and assured her that I would eventually get the video of him on the blog. I don't want to put any video's up of his current seizures because they are hard to watch. The subtle ones though may lead to other parents diagnosing their children, and seeking early help. So therefore, I have said from the beginning I needed to show you his tiny twitches. I will work on getting that posted. I also have all my blood work tomorrow to look for the deficiencies in my blood that the doctor may have missed that could be the culprit for all of this. Please have a great day, and pray that Jude's seizure stay at bay. Thank you for your support.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

7 comments:

Julie said...

OMG that is wonderful! :)

Anonymous said...

*clapping* This is awesome news my friend! I hope, hope, hope this will continue!

Unknown said...

WOW that is absolutely wonderful...so happy! Hoping and praying for lots more days like that!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Jude!!!! Still Praying

Natalie said...

Hooray!!! I'm doing kartwheels! I'm keeping you all in my prayers still and am just so happy to hear this. Give Juders kisses and hugs from us!!!

luane said...

HOT DAMN!!!! YAHOO!!!!
THANK GOODNESS!!!
YEEE HAWWWW!!!
I am trying to find all the words to say ,, I am so happy! I hope he has many many more days like this!

Anonymous said...

YIPPEEEEE!!! What wonderful news!
You are on the right track!

Amy Hendrix
Turtlemom from the VM board