Thanks to Ellen from Love that Max blog for the "Honest Scrap" award. I'm flattered! The information says dig deep so let me try.
Here's what I'm supposed to do:A) List 10 honest things about yourself—and make them interesting, even if you have to dig deep! B) Pass the award on to 7 bloggers who you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap and whose blogs you find brilliant in design or content.
So, first, 10 honest things about me.
1. My husband and I went to rival high schools and knew all the same people, but somehow did not meet until 3 years ago. It's almost like fate knew we needed to go through certain steps in our lives before we could truly appreciate each other.
2. My mother died when I was 7 from drinking. Most people would assume she had cirrosis but she had not been drinking long enough for that, she actually died from a severe allergic reaction to alcohol which is almost unheard of.
3. People think I am over #2, but I still cry sometimes at night because she isn't there for me during the most important times of my life. I also cling to my cousin because she is a great person, and she also reminds me of my mom, and I appreciate her honesty. My mom was honest, and always had a mind of her own.
4. I sometimes still wonder if I am to blame for Jude's issues because I didn't know I was pregnant right away, and one of the nights prior to knowing was New Years eve and I had some champagne and wine. Even though I know in my heart I live a normal life, and this was just a random issue I still cannot help blaming myself. I also cry to myself when I hear friends have had a happy healthy baby even though I am thrilled for them, and would never give Jude up for anything. It's a wrestle match between emotions and knowing whats right.
5. I have rabbit ears and can hear anything! I can wake up to a pin drop, and can hear anyone talking from another room. My grandfather used to call me the "Princess and the pea"...lol!
6. This is a big one.......believe it or not. Em and I were in a really bad car wreck in 2001. A young man going 50 mph plowed into the back of my Explorer, and sent us spinning. When we hit the curb our vehicle starting flipping. It was one of those large light poles that broke our flip and kept us from going into a gas station. While we were turning over inside the vehicle I clearly heard a females voice say "Jennifer you need to stay away from the glass" and someone's arms hold me close. Somehow my window and the front windshield broke, but all I got was glass in my eyelashes, and in my hand. I thought I was imagining this until my almost 4 yr old daughter at the hospital said QUOTE " Mommy did you hear that nice lady telling us to stay away from the glass". I almost fainted and now truly believe in angels! I will post a pic of the car.
7. I used to think I had a great memory, but now realize I cannot remember shi*
8. I gained to much weight with my daughter and lost my self esteem which probably contributed to the demise of my first marriage (along with other issues). I finally decided I would look the way I wanted to so I worked my butt off and lost 30 pounds and weighed only 148. I then got surgery to fix my sagging body only to have the plastic surgeon really screw things up. It seems he thought rather than being an insurance agent I should work in another field and made certain parts of my body enormous, and its uncomfortable, and annoying!!!! Seriously.......you can laugh but it's true. lol! At least I can have a sense of humor about it. He offered to fix them for free, but since Jude I have not had any chance at all.
9. I am so deathly afraid of scorpions that I ran naked out of the bathroom at my aunts lake house when I saw one into the living room where my friends were. My husband killed the little creature, but I could not sleep the entire night. I literally layed there crying silently when everyone thought I was asleep.
Number ten.....................DRUM ROLL.............
10. Back when I had a killer body (after the weight loss) I was invited to a Playboy pajama party with a friend of mine..........and attended.........and guys mistook me for a model and asked my friend and I to sign their bunny pillows...................... (hiding my head in shame...but laughing while hiding). Yep it's true..........but not anymore. HA HA HA!
Time to pass the "Honest Scrap" award along to 7 bloggers. I wish I could give it to all of you! But no, just 7, per the rules. I've chosen a mix of new and old blogging friends. Do not feel any obligation to do this if you don't feel like it. Also, forgive me because my lap top is not working properly, and I cannot link well. And the award goes to... FIRST OFF Mara, The blog "Bronx Cataldos", Sarah and Chadds blog, Jennifer Medinas blog, Matt Logelin's blog, Jurl (because she will make me laugh and we all need that!!!), and Little Wonders.
Pic I promised!