Friday, March 1, 2013

Turning 40 is just fine with me!

The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others - Ghandi

Isn't that the truth. Over the past few years I feel like I have been on an expedition to find myself. I have struggled with sorrow and grief due to our situation. Then I would find myself and be satisfied again. However, I never felt the peace and calm I do today. Maybe that is the "wise" that comes with turning 40.

Through Emily's charity and through her other endeavors I have found an outlet for my healing. Through watching others and their daily lives I found found an appreciation for my own life. Now I understand that things aren't easy and never will be, but I appreciate the struggle life brings and the accomplished feeling of riding the storm.

I can look at Jude while he sits on my lap and honestly say without a doubt he is the biggest blessing ever! He has taught me patience, compassion, and that there always is a silver lining. Emily has taught me that raising a teenager IS like nailing jello to the wall, but that they can teach you as much as you can teach them.

Most of all I have learned what I always preach. Everyone has a story.........it's what you do with your story that matters! Fate lays out the choice of paths you can take and it's up to you to choose the right one. You can spend your life blaming your past or you can move forward and embrace the future. It's up to you!

I am okay with growing older. At least I am alive, happy, and still capable of learning so much more.


No comments: